In the mood to seduce someone special or are you yearning for a special meal for yourself? In less time than it takes for delivery, you will have a delectable meal. Just pop open a bottle of champagne… and use a half cup of it in this recipe. I leave it you to sort out what to do with the rest of the bottle. 😉
- Prep Time: 5 -10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 – 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 – 35 minutes
- large skillet
- wooden spoon
- paper towels
- wooden spatula or tongs
1 1/2 tbsp salted butter
1 large leeks, white parts and a tiny bit of the greens, well washed and thinly sliced
1/2 cup dry champagne
1/2 tsp of Kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
8 large sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook until leeks are tender.
- While leeks are cooking, dry scallops with paper towel and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add champagne and cook for about 2 minutes; season with a pinch of Kosher salt and pepper.
- Remove leeks from the skillet and place on a platter.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops to skillet in a single layer (do not crowd), and cook until a golden brown crust develops on both sides (about 4 minutes per side).
- Remove scallops from pan and set on top of of leeks and shallots.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.