Broiled Cumin Carrots
To pair with the Halibut in Brown Butter recipe that I stole from Laura Calder, I have included a recipe that I only partially stole: her Cumin Carrots… but I suggest that you broil them, because they cook a bit faster that way and the have a nice crunchy brown skin that pairs well with the carrots.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: ~8 minutes
- small bowl for mixing
- wooden spoon
- oven or toaster oven – set to broil with broil pan 2-3 inches from flame
- wooden spatula or tongs
1 handful baby carrots
olive oil, for drizzling
1 teaspoons cumin seed, lightly crushed
1 pinch salt and 1 pinch pepper
- Heat oven or toaster oven to broil.
- In a small bowl coat baby carrots with olive oil, crushed cumin sees and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once oven is hot, and carrots to a broil pan and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until carrots are nice and brown.
- Serve with Halibut with Brown Butter and Lentils with Olives.
Photo Credit: Sean