I love lamb. What’s to tell? This recipe is quick (marinade for an hour, cook for 15 minutes), and it’s scrumptious. You should make it as soon as possible!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Inactive Time: ~1 hour
- Cook Time: ~10 minutes (2 -5 minutes per side depending on thickness)
- Total Time: ~1 hour, 10 minutes
- Chef’s knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Grill pan/ cast iron skillet/ or large 3-1/2-quart sauce pan
- Paper towels
- Plate and a piece of aluminum foil
2 Lamb Chops
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves (chopped)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp of olive oil ( optional – for cooking in a 3-1/2-quart sauce pan )
- In a bowl, mix fresh chopped rosemary leaves, 1 clove of chopped garlic, 2 tbsp of maple syrup, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- Put lamb chops in marinade, cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let sit in a refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Take lamb chops out of refrigerator, and let lamb chops return to room temperature in marinade (~15 minutes).
- Once lamb chops are room temperature, warm a grill pan, cast iron skillet, or a 3-1/2-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Using tong and paper towels, remove excess marinade from lamb chops.
- Once pan is hot, add chops to pan, and cook for 2 – 5 minutes on each side (be sure to use your kitchen fan because this dish becomes smoky).
- Discard marinade.
- Add extra salt and pepper to taste and place lamb chops on a plate and cover with a piece of aluminum foil (let sit for 5 minutes).
- Serve over mashed potatoes, or mashed celery root, or carrot and parsnip puree, and garnish with roasted pepper salsa.
Photo Credit: Lance Madson